In this article, we will show you how to create, configure, and connect your Bitfinex API key to the Bitsgap platform.
Bitsgap is a trading platform that allows you to work with numerous cryptocurrency exchanges from a unified interface with access to additional tools that are not available on the exchange.
All trading operations are created and processed by using an exchange API key which is unique for every user. An API key is a safe and reliable way to use a platform because it does not give access to your personal data and prevents any funds management (withdrawals & deposits).
1. Log in to Bitfinex
Log in to your Bitfinex account or create a new one.
2. Go to the API Keys page
From your profile icon (top-right corner) navigate to the API Keys tab -> Create New Key.
3. Match API key permissions
Edit your permissions as in the example below. These permissions will allow us to read your history, current balance and process execute trades on your exchange account.
Here is the list of required permissions:
- Get account fee information on
- Edit account information off
- Get historical balances entries and trade information on
- Get orders and statuses on
- Create and cancel orders on
- Get position and margin info off
- Claim a position off
- Get funding statuses and info off
- Offer, cancel and close funding off
- Get wallet balances and addresses on
- Transfer between your wallets off
- Create a new withdrawal off
4. Label your API key
Give your API key any name (it is your personal choice) so you can easily understand that this key is connected to your Bitsgap account. When ready, click [Generate API key].
5. Insert the 2FA code
Fill out your 2FA code, then click the [Authenticate] button.
6. Check your email
In your email inbox, you will find an email from Bitfinex. Open it and click on the [Create API key] button.
7. Copy your API key and Secret key
Now your Bitfinex trading key is successfully created and ready to be connected to our platform! Please copy your API key and Secret key somewhere safe before you add them to Bitsgap.
8. Go to Bitsgap > My Exchanges
Log in to your Bitsgap account and go to the My Exchanges page, where you can find an option to connect your Bitfinex account. Click [Add Exchange].
9. Select Bitfinex from the list
From the pop-up window, you need to select Bitfinex. This will open a window where you can add your API keys for the Bitfinex exchange.
10. Enter your API key and Secret key
Paste your Bitfinex API key and Secret key and click [Connect]. Now your Bitfinex account has been successfully connected and you are all set!