How do I enable 2FA?
2-factor authenticator (2FA) is an additional safety measure that helps to keep your Bitsgap account safe. To enable it, please do the following:
Go to the Settings page.
2. From the Account Details tab, move to the Security tab.
3. Switch the toggle of the Authenticator.
4. Now install Google Authenticator or Authy and proceed to the next step.
5. Open your 2FA app and scan a QR code.
If it doesn't get scanned, you may enter a setup (secret) key located under the code. Once done, you can move to the next step.
6. You will see a new code on your 2FA app. Enter that code until it renews again, and press the Activate 2FA button.
Done! 2FA has been enabled on your account 🚀
How do I disable 2FA?
You can disable it on your account if you have a 2FA code. Just turn off the toggle in the Security tab, enter a code, and click [Turn Off 2FA].
However, if you do not have the 2FA app/codes anymore, please get in touch with us via [email protected] or in the live chat and request disabling the 2-factor authenticator.
The Bitsgap team will request some information about your account. Once all the provided information is checked, you will get a response from the team.